- The White House defended President Donald Trump’s recent attack on teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter because Thunberg “travels the world giving speeches.”
- “So ridiculous,” Trump tweeted in response to Thunberg being honored as Time’s 2019 Person of the Year. “Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!”
- Previously, the First Lady sharply criticized a witness in Trump’s impeachment inquiry for making a play on words out of her 13-year-old son Barron’s name.
- White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham suggested in a statement that it was fair for Trump to attack Thunberg because she is a public figure.
- “Their son is not an activist who travels the world giving speeches. He is a 13-year-old who wants and deserves privacy,” Grisham said.
Source: White House says Trump’s attacks on 16-year-old Greta Thunberg are fair game because she’s an ‘activist,’ while mentions of the first couple’s 13-year-old son should be off-limits