This is the moment a firework exploded in a Brit’s face killing him during the New Year celebrations in Pattaya, Thailand.
Gary McLaren, 50, lit the huge rocket in front of the Miami A Gogo bar while revellers were celebrating the New Year.
But after trying unsuccessfully to ignite the device, Gary tried a second time and finally lit the fuse.
But with smoke pouring from the device, he then made the fatal mistake of returning to lit firework because he was not sure it was working.
Seconds later as Gary stood over the 50cm long tube it exploded into his face and killed him.