Britain’s Prince Charles became a Twitter trend when he appeared to snub Vice President Mike Pence by completing ignoring him during a receiving line at a Holocaust remembrance event. You can watch video of the moment, which has gone viral on Twitter, later in this article. However, the VP’s press secretary revealed that the prince and vice president spoke before and after the prince’s remarks, disputing the narrative.
Although the British Royal Family famously stays out of politics, some people thought Prince Charles’ snubbing of Pence was purposeful. That’s not clear, of course, but the video caused Pence critics to go wild on Twitter with praise for the heir to the British throne.
Prince Harry has revealed he and Meghan felt they had no option but to leave the Royal Family.
He made the comments to supporters of his Sentebale charity at a dinner in London. He said: ‘Before I begin, I must say I can only imagine what you may have heard and perhaps read over the past few weeks. ‘So I want you to hear the truth from me as much as I can share, not as a prince or a duke but as Harry, the same person who many of you have watched grow up over the last 35 years but now with a clearer perspective.’
‘The UK is my home and a place that I love, that will never change. I have grown up feeling supported by so many of you and I watched as you welcomed Meghan with open arms as you saw me find the love and happiness that I had hoped for all my life.
Last week Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stunned the Royal Family when news broke on social media that were stepping back from their royal duties following two years of intense media scrutiny. The London Times alleged that Meghan was the driving force behind the decision.
On Wednesday, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, announced that they would split from the Royal family to become “financially independent.” “Harry and Meghan say they plan to step back as senior members of the British Royal family, and ‘carve out a progressive new role within this institution’ while working ‘to become financially independent,” NBC News reported Wednesday afternoon.
“Harry and Meghan say plan to balance time between U.K. and North America,” the outlet added. “This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter,” the couple said.
The Ministry of Defence has relocated “non essential” staff out of Baghdad as part of “urgent measures” to protect British nationals and interests in the Gulf
The UK has placed helicopters and ships on standby in the Middle East to protect British interests ‘if necessary.’
Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has said the Government has taken “urgent measures” to protect British nationals and interests in the Gulf following the killing of General Qassem Soleimani in a US drone strike.
In a Commons statement Mr Wallace said UK forces in the region including helicopters and ships were on standby to assist if needed, while non-essential personnel had been relocated from Baghdad to Taji.