It can be hard to find a nice holiday gift for the frequent flyer. In 2019, however, there are some notable coffee table books — and “book” books — that will please the AvGeek, the frequent flyer or anyone with a healthy love of wanderlust on your list.
If you’re the kind of person who has a special coffee mug you need to sip from every morning, a specific kind of bean you love, and even a preferred brewing method , then this job is for you. Gevalia Kaffe, a Swedish coffee company, is looking to hire the “king” or “queen” of coffee for a week-long, caffeine-filled adventure in Scotland.
What is it about hot tubs? Suddenly, they are regarded as, well, cool. Here, from South Devon to Sri Lanka, we have picked out some of the world’s best hot tubs with a view…
- Hot tubs date back to the Ancient Greeks, who erected outdoor marble bathtubs at volcanic calderas
- The earliest known example, from the 1st century BC, is on the Aegean island of Ikaria
- Here, from South Devon to Sri Lanka, we have picked out some of the world’s best hot tubs with a view
I asked a few of of my favorite professional eaters which restaurants they find most interesting—and under-sung—right now. None of their picks is particularly famous, though maybe one will be. No matter. For now, they provide a modicum of bragging rights and a great amount of joy.
None of their picks is particularly famous, though maybe one will be. No matter. For now, they provide a modicum of bragging rights and a great amount of joy. These 10 places (in alphabetical order) are where these experts would send their friends in 2020.
VANCOUVER — A unique property listing for sale in Abbotsford would give the future owner access to their own private lake.
The Laxton Lake Estate, located in the midst of farmland, is up for sale for $7.5 million, and includes a four-bedroom home, a three-car garage and a caretaker’s suite on 80 acres of land. The lake is 50 acres.
- Sand, sea, and something to sip on are usually standard ingredients for what makes a pretty good beach.
- But then there are some beaches that reveal a little something extra and leave a memorable mark on your sand-between-the-toes experience.
- Insider spoke to industry experts including tour operators, travel editors, and bloggers to find out where they found the best beaches in the world in 2019.
- Their picks include sugary white strips fringing neon blue waters, blustery golden flats where seals laze in the winter sun, and one so tucked away that the only access is by boat or ladders.
- Scroll down for mysterious statues, sands that are home to penguins and flamingos (not in the same place), and a beach that was Instagrammed over a million times throughout the year.