Shocking scan images show the damaged lungs of a 19-year-old boy whose vaping habit almost left him dead.
Anthony Mayo, 19, of Erie, Pennsylvania, became seriously ill last week, struggling to breathe, looking pale and feeling sick.
Doctors found his lungs had become severely congested with solidified vape oil, likened to cooking grease that hardens after being cooled.
It had caused Anthony, who had been vaping for around two years, to have ‘the lungs of a 60-year-old, two-pack-a-day, smoker’, his father, Keith Mayo, was told.
He revealed Anthony liked to try different flavours, and has previously vaped blue raspberry, Swedish fish, cotton candy and cinnamon toast crunch.
Anthony also vaped THC on occasion, which is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.